Date of Award
Master of Science
Master of Education
Statement of Problem
This problem is a study of the training, experience, teaching load, and subject combinations of the 67 teachers who filled out the questionnaire that the writer handed out in the two Negro high schools of Dallas, Texas. Primarily this study is to tell "what" and not "why." The following are the questions which the writer has attempted to discuss in order to determine the professional status of the teachers:
1. What is the academic status of the teachers?
2. To what extent do the teachers participate in professional activities?
3. How much teaching experience have the teachers had in their present positions?
4. How much teaching experience have the teachers had in other schools?
5. How much experience have the teachers had in nonschool positions?
6. What is the teaching load of the teachers?
7. Are the teachers teaching a combination of related courses?
8. Are the teachers teaching in unrelated fields?
The writer hopes to answer the foregoing questions and give some information concerning the requirements for majors and minors in the various fields. The teaching load is to be determined statistically. The professional preparation will be determined in terms of courses taken in regular college or university classes. The study will also consider membership in professional organizations, and contributions made to professional literature.
Jesse M. Drew,
John H. Windom
John H. Windom
Prairie View State Normal and Industrial College
Rights© 2021 Prairie View A & M University
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Date of Digitization
John B Coleman Library
City of Publication
Dade, B. E. (1948). A Professional Investigation Of The Teachers Of The Booker T. Washington And The Lincoln High Schools Of Dallas, Texas. Retrieved from https://digitalcommons.pvamu.edu/pvamu-theses/884