Date of Award
Master of Science
Master of Education
This study was made to determine whether or not the first grade children of Fayette County are adequately adjusted for learning in the first grade. It is believed that social adjustment is an important factor in the learning process. On the basis of this assumption, the following subordinate questions have been considered for solution:
1. What is the relationship between social adjustment and learning?
2. To what extent does social adjustment affect learning among children?
3. How may the elementary teacher help children to become better adjusted socially?
4. What is the extent of the social adjustment problems of the first grade pupils of Fayette County?
5. What are the most potent influences upon social adjustment of the children of Fayette County?
D. I. Burdine
J. M. Drew
Prairie View A&M College
Rights© 2021 Prairie View A & M University
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Date of Digitization
John B Coleman Library
City of Publication
Collins, O. M. (1952). A Study of the Social Adjustment Problems of the First Graders in Fayette County, Texas and the Implication of These Problems to Learning. Retrieved from https://digitalcommons.pvamu.edu/pvamu-theses/1201