This Blackshear Hall served as a female residence hall until the 1960s. It was named in honor of Edward. L . Blackshear, the fourth Principal of Prairie View Normal School. The dormitory opened in 1926 and was demolished in 1960.
Date of Digitization
J.B . Coleman Library
City of Publication
© 2021 Prairie View A & M University
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Prairie View A&M University
Prairie View A&M University, "Blackshear Hall Women's Dormitory - 1926" (2018). Historical Buildings Collections. 10.